Thursday 17 March 2016

Giving back to yourself……



Giving back to yourself……

What does that even mean?

I will endeavor to explain what I mean; because it’s the reason I started my business The Phoenix Experience.

Last week I did a talk in front of 500 business people on this exact topic and it is quite a story on how I actually came to be on that stage. It was a series of major life events, good and bad that formed the stories and the basis for the talk.

“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” Albert Einstein

My life has been full of crazy highs and lows, out of each of these has come a powerful lesson. These lessons I didn’t learn at the time but they shaped the person I am today. If only I could have seen the lessons the first time. I am a firm believer that the universe will keep throwing things at us until we learn what we are meant too.

To the degree we're not living our dreams, our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.” Peter McWilliams

We get so busy being busy, that we forget or fail to find out what is truly important to us. It’s entirely possible to get caught up in the everyday for our whole lives. We get caught up in other peoples dramas, no time for ourselves, no idea what we would do if we did have time, uninspired and not as healthy as we would like.

“A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.” Denis Waitley

It took life-threating accidents to shake things up and get me out of my comfort zone.  But it doesn’t have to take a life event to shake things up. When we are out of our comfort zone we grow, learn and develop. Getting out of our comfort zone is good for us. Challenge is good for us.

“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” Buddha

This is why I start The Phoenix Experience because you don’t need to wait for a life event to shake you out of you comfort zone. Giving back to yourself is taking the time to remember what is important to you, challenging yourself and honoring what you believe in.

Rise Up. Out of the everyday and into life.

Join me on this journey by following below.



No comments:

Post a Comment