Wednesday 11 May 2016

You have done so much more than you acknowledge yourself for



One year ago I started working on The Phoenix Experience, one year since I finished up at my job. I started to have thoughts that I should be further along in life and asked myself “have I done enough?” Of course there is always more to accomplish but I realized, when I took the time that I had achieved a lot.

I know you have done so much more than you acknowledge yourself for. This incredibly amazing life we are lucky to live isn’t easy. To have even made it this far is a true gift and a miracle in itself.

There are so many areas of our lives that we need to focus on to keep in balance. People to please, health to manage, providing for our families and ourselves. Time gets away from us each and every day leaving us asking “where did that day go” or “is it May already? The year is going so fast”.

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss

Its not slowing down anytime soon that’s for sure with more demands than ever before. The constant distractions and pressures of the day to day can often lead us to think that we haven’t done as much as what we really have.

“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” - Denis Waitley

I want you to take time out, slow down and consciously remember all of the wonderful things you have done so far in the last five months. It doesn’t have to be life changing or world beating (though it could be) its still worth remembering. Why? Because you are worth it, you are worth acknowledging.

“Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

There will always be the next goal or the next achievement you are striving for. Don’t forget to acknowledge where you are now and how far you have come. The person that you have become as result is far more important.

“Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe.” - Wayne Dyer


There is so much beauty and wonder all around us don’t be distracted from it because you are thinking you should do more. Enjoy today while striving for tomorrow. I believe in you.

Rise Up. Out of the everyday and into life.

Join me on this journey by following below.

No comments:

Post a Comment