Saturday 26 September 2015

How can you make it through the tough times?



How can you make it through the tough times?

I think back to when I was lying in hospital with bolts in my head and weights pulling to keep my spine straight, I wondered to myself how did I ever get through that.

At the time I had a shattered neck (yes those are my real X-rays) broken back, broken arm, crushed foot and half my calf muscle with third degree burns. I could not walk, I could not move for that matter. All I had was belief; I had an unshakable belief that I would walk out of hospital no matter what. I didn’t know how or how long it would take I just new.

“Mile by mile it’s a trial, yard by yard its hard but inch by inch it’s a cinch” - Unknown

Think of all you have overcome in your life - family issues, health issues and great loss. You have strength; you are a warrior and deserve to acknowledge yourself for this. Don’t let anyone ever tell you otherwise, especially yourself. You are stronger than you could ever imagine.

“There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” - Malcolm X

The will always be tough times, life isn’t easy for anyone. It is a choice on how we react and cope with adversity that shapes who we are; it defines us and strengthens our character. Show empathy to those around you because you never know what they could be going through.

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” - Helen Keller

When I look back at some of the trivial issues that have got me down or diverted me of my path I can’t help wonder why. Why did I let them affect me so much, at the time they seemed to be huge issues.

Ask yourself this question – Will this matter in a year from now? Don’t sweat the small stuff” – Richard Carlson.

Rise Up out of the everyday and into life.

Join me on this journey below.


No comments:

Post a Comment