Monday 7 September 2015

When are you going to start believing in yourself?




When are you going to start believing in yourself?

Right NOW.

When I was 19, the driver of the car I was in feel asleep and drove into a bridge. That day my life changed. I sustained serious (shattered neck, broken back, arm and 3 degree burns on my leg) injuries. Once I had recovered I continuously pushed my mind and body past the limits of my injuries and mental state. Risking everything again that I had nearly already lost. I had nothing to prove to anyone – well only myself.

“If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”― Mahatma Gandhi

I spent money, crazy amounts of money chasing what I already had inside me but could not see. I listened to everyone else tell me what I could or couldn’t do and the things I should do. I did course after course with no direction still searching for something. What was I searching for?………Belief. Belief in what I had already achieved and overcome.

Give yourself credit when you achieve something, its not luck, chance or the right place at the right time. Its all you, you did it, you achieved it and you deserve the credit for it.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Its not about money or success, its about letting go and believing who we are as people that is truly important. We all have a story but sometimes we need to take the time to reflect on all we have overcome to be where we are right now.

“Press on – nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge

If you are not where you would like to be, that’s ok as a mountain is climbed one step at a time. The only question to ask yourself is: What is the first step for me?

Rise Up. Out of the everyday and into life.


Join me on this journey by following below.

No comments:

Post a Comment