Tuesday 17 November 2015

What do you do when self-doubt creeps in?




What do you do when self-doubt creeps in?

Have you ever done something great or were working towards a dream and you feel like things are going well but you start to second-guess yourself. Maybe you hit a roadblock you mind starts to race with all the worst-case scenarios.

“I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it.” Kobe Bryant

There will always be highs and lows no matter how successful you become, no matter what stage of the journey you are on. Your ego is going to jump in at some stage and question every decision you make and second-guess all that hard work and effort you put into your dreams.

“Who are we but the stories we tell ourselves, about ourselves, and believe?” Scott Turow

Self-doubt or self-talk is just that – Talk. These thoughts are just words and cannot hold you back. How you choose to react or deal with these thoughts will however have a profound affect on your ability to move forward and succeed.

“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path” Buddha

We need to continually develop ourselves and change our mindset to become the person we need to be. Unless you change your thinking you will not change your situation. The next time these thoughts creep in acknowledge them and then say to yourself from the words of the great Les Brown “Its not over until I win”

“In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” Eleanor Roosevelt

Jim Rohn says “You income will seldom exceed your personal development”

Rise Up. Out of the everyday and into life.

Join me on this journey by following below.



No comments:

Post a Comment