Sunday 1 November 2015

Will belief get you through?

Will belief get you through?

Yes it will.

Years ago I went on a soul searching trip after I had knee surgery. My goal: sit on a deserted island for three weeks and heal. So I ended up on a beautiful island 17hrs in a leaky boat off the west coast of Sumatra. The anti malaria tablets were giving me the worst nightmares so I stopped taking them. Two and a half weeks later I got the most incredible fever.  Even in my minus 4 sleeping bag, I was still freezing. I needed a doctor badly I felt like I was dying, so they brought someone to see me that clearly wasn’t a doctor but the only word I could make out was malaria.

“When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.” Les Brown

Cutting a very long story short, I travelled to Singapore to see a proper doctor.  After nearly two weeks of travel and not one minute of sleep I finally made it. I was hallucinating from fever and lack of sleep. The doctor I saw was amazing, she gave me antibiotics and something to help me sleep. She told me I didn’t have malaria but something had attacked my liver like malaria does. Relieved and medicated I slept for three days straight!

“Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.” David Frost

I think back how did I ever get through that. I had no reference point of how long I could last and how long it would take. Everything was totally unknown to me but I kept going and kept pushing.

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” Gail Devers

When we have a vision for our lives or a dream we want to achieve often the only thing we have is belief. Other might people doubt our plan or can’t possibly understand what we are trying to achieve. This can throw us of course or lead to self-doubt and self talk. Push it all to one side and just keep going, immerse yourself in what you are on the path to achieving.  If something happens that causes you to doubt, just learn more, be more and be relentless.

The will be set backs, roadblocks and many doubters but as the great Les Brown says “Believe and you will achieve”.


Rise Up. Out of the everyday and into life.

Join me on this journey by following below.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog is truly inspiring and incredibly useful putting some of your ideas into action in my life. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us, I look forward to all of your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack, I appreciate the awesome feedback. Cant wait to share more. Cheers Dan.

      Delete